Has it really been almost a month? Time flies when you're having fun I suppose. First off, Blogger hates me. There have been a couple of times when I've gone to post and I couldn't. Frustrating. Anyhow, I'm thinking of taking a friend up on his offer to help me move on over to wordpress.
Secondly, the cute kitty in my last post has got to go. My oldest son spend 2 days in the hospital last week after a particularly severe asthma attack. Now we've always known he's had asthma, had it since he was a baby, but it's never been this bad. He was on O2 for 2 days. Rewind about a month. We had him allergy tested and the results came back when he was in the hospital. He's got a pretty bad allergy to cats, which I find weird because he's been around them all his life and his asthma has never really been a *big* issue. We spoke with the Dr about it at his follow up and said if we want we can watch him closly and see if the cat sets him off (allergy wise). Since Phoebe the cat is the love of my life, the kitten has to go. Besides, I'm wondering if the kitten isn't causing a reaction that Phoebe never did?
*sigh* Anyone want a kitten??
I've got good news. I've been knitting AND I have pictures. However there is also some bad news...I can't find my camera. LOL! Since everyone is asleep and I don't want to chance a wake up by rustling around for it you guys will just have to wait until next time. I promise next time won't be another month. I WILL start posting more on a regular basis, especially if I move my blog.
For Soctoberfest I managed to finish 2 and a half socks. Too bad none of them match each other! I've also done a vest out of a Sirdar book, and Dumpling out of Rowan Babies. I've really got to finish some of this stuff I've started around here. Maybe that can be my New Year's resolution? I'd probaby be amazed at all the needles I own if I actually freed them all of their UFOs.
I've joined the Knitter's Coffee Swap and I'm pretty excited. I really like coffee. Coffee is right up there with yarn and chocolate :o) There are a few questions that were posted on the swap blog to make our partners' life a little easier so I'll go ahead and answer them here...
1. Whole bean or ground? ground. I would love a grinder of my very own!
2. Fully-loaded or decaf? Fully loaded.
3. Regular or flavored? Depends on what I put in it. Flavored creamer? Regular. Half and Half? Bring on the flavor!
4. How do you drink your coffee? With cream and sugar.
5. Favorite coffee ever? I don't know that I have a favorite. A friend bought me some Godiva once and it was really good.
6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? Not really fussy but I just *can't* do instant.
7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? Muffins or cookies.
8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? Bold flavor, but not too bold!
9. What treats do you enjoy with your coffee?
10. Yarn/fiber you love? Smooth natural fibers that will give you a good stitch definition. I also like cotton and acrylic blends.
11. Yarn/fiber you hate? Novelty, nubbly, synthetics.
12. What's on your needles? Oh all kinds of stuff...a sweater, some socks, another sweater...
13. Favorite colors? Anything that's not flourescent.
14. Allergies? smoke, pollen.
15. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? Nope, just looking foward to getting something fun in the mail.
Kid n Ewe is this weekend. I'm pretty sure it's no MDS&W, or Rhinebeck for that matter, but I'm looking foward to it. The Brooks Farm folks are going to be there, and we're having a knitterly meet up with a lot of the same people from the Harlot's book signing back in July. So even though it's not one of the fancy~schmancy big name fiber festivals I will have a report for you complete with pictures on how it went.
Those of you that are off tomorrow, enjoy your long weekend. Get some knitting done and maybe have a beer :o)